Recently, IWC conducted AntarYatra(Read more about this event here). After covid, this is the first spiritual retreat I attended and I loved the experience. Here are the 10 things I loved about this event.(These are not the only things I loved but to keep the blog simple, I limited myself to 10 things).
- Time Management: Some days before the event started, Ruchi Sanjil published the detailed schedule of the event. We all have seen many schedules and we know that in a group event, schedules are not followed as planned. But I am amazed that in AntarYatra, schedule is executed as planned. There is a perfect alignment between planning and execution. Wow! I wish someday I reach this level of alignment in my personal life.
- Balance between intensity and relaxation: Meditations are intense and at the same time, there is enough time to relax and recharge. I loved this fine balance.
- Group Meditations: Meditating in a group is quite different from personal meditation. I loved the energies, deep stillness and some inner experiences I had in these meditations. There are many powerful and regular meditators in the group. It is my privilege to sit in their aura and meditate along with them.
- Loving energies of the group: I personally know many people in the group and it was heart-warming to meet them in person. It was humbling to be surrounded by so much of love. I felt like I was sitting in a big pond of love and happiness for 3 days. It is magical.(I can still feel the love as I am writing this blog.)
- Brilliant Sessions: Ruchi Sanjil took us through different topics of IAY Level 2 and shared brilliant insights. These sessions deepened my understanding and enhanced my clarity. As always, PPTs are great and sessions are engaging.
- Pitra sadhana: In this session, I experienced very deep level of stillness and silence within. I did not want to come out of this meditation .It was very satisfying to do something meaningful for my ancestors in this pitra paksha.
- Food and accommodation: Food is amazing with wide variety of choices. Accommodation is great. It felt like a perfect vacation in nature away from the city life. Of course, it was challenging to be moderate and disciplined with food. I over-indulged(better luck to me next time.)
- Gifts: Oh! Gifts were great fun in the event. They brought out the child inside me and kept me alert.
- Post-meditation exercises: wow! These exercises are unforgettable. Sujatha, Radhika, Sushma, Divleen, Prama(fantastic energy healing and yoga teachers of IWC) added life, fun and joy to these exercises in their unique style.
- Therapeutic Yoga Session: I developed a bad cold and I was a little concerned as it is a group event. I did this yoga session and my cold vanished like magic. It felt great to do yoga in fresh air, under the sky at Sunrise time.
These are the 10 things I loved about the program.
Lot of planning and effort by Ruchi Sanjil, volunteers and participants went in to make this event a beautiful event. I feel blessed and privileged to receive these blessings and love in my spiritual journey. Thank you, Thank You, Thank You each and everyone! Thank You God , Higher Beings and Ruchi Sanjil for your continuous shower of blessings! Looking forward to my next spiritual retreat.
Sarve jana sukhino bhavanthu!
-Contributed by Geetanjali Balachander